Click on this button to apply.
The Association of Cardiothoracic Surgical Assistants has been running since 1997 and represents an ever-growing body of these professionals around the country.
ACSA helps to support it’s members in various ways such as opportunities for continuing professional development, providing educational meetings, and a revision programme for those completing their training.
It has also contributed to standardization of SCP training, collaborating with the Department of Health
and Royal College in the development and update of the National Curriculum Framework for Surgical Care Practitioner. The association also provides representation within the Society of Cardiothoracic surgery (SCTS) and contributing to national debate regarding issues such as regulation of the SCP role. Our association has been a forum for discussion regarding new techniques, technology and innovation, as well as salary banding, job descriptions and standards of care.
As a member of ACSA you get many benefits which include,
- Reduced rates for many educational meetings
- Access to previous presentations and other educational material
- Regular newsletter
- Representation within the Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Voting rights at our Annual General Meeting
- Opportunity to be part of one of our three specialist committees
- Access to our members forum
Annual membership to ACSA now includes Associate membership to the SCTS. This therefore entitles you to all the benefits of being part of ACSA but you also receive from the SCTS
- Bi- Annual Bulletin with contributions from Members of the Executive and topical issues.
- Obtain website access with specific access to the members section.
- Membership to CTSNet and their web publications/education information
- Ability to shape the development of protocols for shared care
- Enjoy increased influence in SCTS
- Ability to network with other organisations
- Local networks
- Associate members are eligible to apply for a bursary to support attendance at conferences or to visit other centres
- Ability to advertise vacancies to allied health professional which includes an email to the specific target audience
- Database access through SCTS for research and practice development issues
- Reduced registration fee to the SCTS Annual Meeting and Cardiothoracic Forum
- Members are invited to attend the annual business meeting and to have access to the minutes of Business and Executive meetings produced by the Society via the Website.
The cost of this Joint membership remains at £50 with an additional £2.20 Administration fee.
Click on the button below to apply.